Re: V-Belt Tension Tester

jlandry@domain.elided (John A. Landry) scribbled in the sand:

>Does anyone know of a good source where to purchase a v-belt tension tester
>tool for under $50.00?  I'd like one that has a scale which reads in pounds
>and / or Newton meters.  Sears doesn't sell one and I don't see one in the
>Jegs or Summit catalogs (unless I overlooked them).  Does Napa sell one?
>Any pointers would be appreciated... I've always wanted one.

Answered my own question this afternoon...

Stopped by Napa on the way home from work and they offer two belt tension
testers.  Model KR1 is for testing regular v-belts from 50 to 150 pounds of
tension, $9.99 and model KR2 is for testing v-ribbed belts from 100 to 300
pounds of tension, $12.49.  The model KR1 is appropriate for IH vehicles.

Happy holidays,

John

jlandry@domain.elided             |
Conservative Libertarian        |  Scout(R) the America others pass by
Life Member of the NRA          | in the Scout Traveler escape-machine.
WA Arms Collectors              |
Commercial Helicopter - Inst.   | 1976 Scout Traveler, V345A, 727, 3.54
http://www.halcyon.com/jlandry/ |