Wagging the dog.

>Date: Mon, 8 Dec 1997 11:26:36 -0600 (CST)
>From: Steve Stegmann <stegmann@domain.elided>
>Subject: Scout spotting
>
>I was driving from Springfield Missouri to st. Louis (I-44) last evening.
>I passed someone pulling an orange Scout with I think it was a Jeep
>Cherokee.  Anyone know who it was?
>
>The tail was "wagging the dog."
>
>Steve

Steve,

This was not me but I I have been "wagged" before! I hauled my 75 Scout II
rust bucket home on a trailer behind my 88 Cherokee (XJ). It was a 20 mile
trip. I made it with no incidents or close calls but I don't recommend pulling
a 5K lb Scout (on a 16' trailer) with a 3.5K lb Cherokee very far.

To all,

I like the sticker idea and have no problem with not having a Scout on it. A
big red "IH" in the middle with a generic "IH Digest" surrounding it sounds
like a good design to me. Our local club (Southwest Scouts) had something
similiar made up for the club. I will look into the details and try to get
back to the group later this week.

Thomas Kiene

88 Cherokee (4'", 31" BFG MTs, rear EZ Locker)
79 Scout II (345, 4V, AT, 4" springs. Semi daily driver)
75 Scout II (304, T18. Rust bucket that will supply chassis for hardcore rig.)