wipers

>I too am looking for a wiper system.  Ideally,I want to replace the vaccuum
>system with some electric motors.  I did some checking and someone told me
>that they have heard of people using rear wiper motors from subaru's and
>front wiper motors from VW's.

I have been told that a real early dodge colt rear will work (I'm assuming
this is in an 800?) but haven't found one to try. Supposedly American Bosch
makes some that will work really well, but of course they're real pricey.

>I went to NAPA to check out some of the sizes of these things.  None of the
>VW motors they had in stock would fit, but they randomly grabbed one which
>was small enough to fit, but would cost $120 for each motor, not to mention
>machining a new nut to fit on the shaft for the wiper arms to mount on.

Do you remember the application for the ones that fit ok, I have a friend
who rebuilds electric motors so maybe I could find a junk one and get him
to overhaul it for me. The nut wouldn't be a problem I don't think.

>Let me know if you find anything out!

Ditto, and thanks

terry