Oil Pumps and cavitation, more discussion...

     John,

        Does it sling the oil from a gallery in the crank?  The crank
     counterweight does sit about 4 inches lower than the center of the
     crankshaft.  Doesn't the 3.xx" stroke then allow the counterweight
     on the crank to touch the reservoir?  How does it THROW oil spray?

     -Joel Brodsky

         '76 IHC Scout II 345/tf727
         '75 IHC Travelall 150 4wd 392/tf727
         '72 Chev Carryall 3dr 4wd 350/th350 sold, but not forgotten.

Umm Joel,

I could have sworn I read somewhere that (with the exception of small
engines lacking a pressurized lubrication system, ie. Briggs & Stratton
lawn mower engines) the crankshaft sprays or slings oil onto the cylinder
walls.

From CTS-2130-K in the IH shop bible (Old International Version)...

"Pistons, piston rings and piston pins receive lubrication from oil spray
THROWN from the engine crankshaft.  The connecting rods on the engines are
not drilled for oil channels."