Re: Travelall Carburetors and questions

>Also due to the carb acting up, I did not get a chance to drive it.  It has
>the 727 transmission and I wanted to see how it shifted.  Is this a
>standard Chrysler transmission or did IHC order a special version.  If it
>were bad, would any mid seventies torqueflight bolt right in.  I doubt
>there is any problem with the transmission considering the condition of the

Umm... "Yes"

it's a "standard" 727, in that most of the internals are the same (IH used
the heavy duty parts of course!), but the case is different.. it's a one
piece job, with the IH bellhousing part of the tranny case.  This means
that, while they're every bit as easy (and expensive/inexpensive) to have
rebuilt or repaired as a Chrysler TF727, you need to keep the IH case.

So, no, a regular TF727 wouldn't be a "bolt in"

-Tom Mandera, Helena MT
http://www.tmcom.com/~tsm1/scout
'72 and '77 Scout IIs