ihc-digest V5 #48 -Reply - 1957 120

Subject 1957b120 - Census Day?

JED

Yes, there are a scant few of us that have trucks and not Scouts or
T'alls.  We faithfully scan each ihc-digest hoping to find just one note
from another truck nut.  Unfortunately, there aren't enough of us to start
our own digest.  Besides, there are articles of common interest and
some Scout owners even have trucks.

I have a Canadian 1950 L-110 that is apart and just starting to come
together again.  It is solid and complete and I am enjoying the job of
removing rust from each top quality piece, applying primer and paint and
either re-assembling or setting aside for later re-assembly.  Being a
Canadian truck, it has some minor differences to the US made vehicles
and the serial numbers don't jive.

From the pictures I have seen, "down-under" IH trucks differed
somewhat in design and appearance as well.  I don't remember, did IH
have 4WD in the US in 1957?  Let us know if you find the URL for the
on-line 4WD magazine.   How easy is it for you to find parts?  I have
found a few boneyards in Canada, some with good parts and some with
only rust.

Perhaps we should propose to the digest that we have a "Census Day".
Over a couple of days, or perhaps a week, the digest could be used to
record the IH trucks, Scouts and T'alls all around the world.  Each
participant would write in, include their address and a short description
of their vehicle(s).  e.g. Year- Model- Series- Condition (on the road,
parts, under restoration)  This could quickly provide a directory for future
communications.  Idea???

Lorne Heslop