Re: Rehash - tires

On Sun, 30 Nov 1997, Tom Mandera wrote:

<snip>
> Cooper's had my fancy too.. anyone ever heard of KUHMO tires?  Seem kinda

> popular around here..
<snip>

That's because they are cheap.  I used to run a set of Kumhos (made in
Korea, BTW) on a Bronco II.  They were awful, not much traction and did not
last as long as the Firestones that were on the vehicle to begin with.

I like the Michelin snow tires my grandmother had installed on the
Travelall about 15 years ago.  I've pulled a horse trailer through slush
and mud (not too deep, but enough to strand cars with all-seasons) with
them.  I've also been down plenty of dirt/gravel roads and fence lines with
no punctures.  I doubt they would make good off-road replacements for real
truck tires, but for what I plan to do with this 2WD T-all, they are
perfect.

John Teller
71 Travelall 1110 (sick)