Re: Scout 80/800 Cab Tops

Alan Horwitz wrote:

I can verify some of Howard Pletcher's remarks about Scout 80 vs 800
"cab" tops( I assume this denotes the pickup style ).  I have the
remains of a 1961 model 80 and a working 1970 800-A.  The former
has a welded and the latter a bolted bulkhead.  I don't have a top
on the 1961 model, so I can't comment on how it compares with the later
model's top.

<snip>

My '65 model 80 has the welded bulkhead and the "cab" top. The
method of attachment is as follows: Where the top rests on the
top of the windsheild, there are about 7 or 8 bolts that hold
it down. There are also about 7 or 8 bolts that hold it on the
top of the bulkhead. All of the bolts are attached from the
inside of the cab.

BTW... My cab top is for sale if anyone is interested. It is
in decent shape, complete with back glass, and is located in
Southern California...

John Townley
San Diego, CA
'65 model 80