Replies...Speedo box, transmission, hood latch

------------------------------
        Mark,

        That box is the Cruise control transducer.  When hooked up
properly, one vacuum line goes to a vacuum source (unported), one
vacuum line goes to the cruise control throttle modulator.  Basically
the modulator is a diaphragm that pulls on the throttle lever.  One
end of the cable goes to the transmission and the other goes to the
speedo.  The transmission cable actually spins a kind of
gyroscope-governor type thing that opens the valve for vacuum when
your input (trans) cable slows down.

        I wouldn't take it off unless:  It was currently non-functional,
or, you really need the space.  You'll have to get a new cable with the correct
length and ends, if you take it out, as the cables into the transducer are same
sex.  The transducer take male cables.

     -Joel Brodsky

         '76 IHC Scout II 345/tf727
         '75 IHC Travelall 150 4wd 392/tf727
         '72 Chev Carryall 3dr 4wd 350/th350 sold, but not forgotten.