Hood latch

Dean and others,

Apparently there is a screw and/or nut adjustment for the tension of the hood
latch spring.  I'm looking in my service manual as I type this....

...ok, got it.  You can adjust the side to side alignment of the catch itself
on the firewall by loosening the four bolts and moving it.  You can also
adjust the spring tension by a screw or a bolt.  I'll go out and look at mine
after I take a shower!

Hope this helps.

Gary

1980 Scout II turbo diesel (mint, no rust condition)
Spare 1980 Scout II diesel parts truck
FOUR spare diesel engines (Nissans are garbage for this application)