Cross firing

>I'm usually pretty good diagnostically figuring things out
>with the peripheral additions to the engine, but have never gone into
>the
>meat of the engine itself.  Any advice?  Valves, or should I try a new
>distributor first?  Thanks in advance for any help.
>
>I'd check it in the dark and look for a cracked coil.

I'd check the inside of the distributor cap very carefully for cracks, or
much more likely, tracks of where the high voltage has been avoiding the
rotor and finding its own way from the coil wire to the plug wires.
John

John Hofstetter
Life Member, National Rifle Association
Member, California Rifle and Pistol Association
Member, Sierra Macintosh Users Group  Member, MacTwain Macintosh Users
Group
Charter Member, FRIENDS OF DEATH VALLEY   Member, Blue Ribbon Coalition
Life Member, Association of California School Administrators
Owner of 79 Scout Terra "It's a legend"