Speedo thing

I'm trying to figure out what is in between the upper and lower
speedometer cables in my nephews 71 scout II.  It has a circular
appearance, has Holley written on it and has two vacuum lines attached.
The lines aren't hooked up to anything. The only thing I've seen close
to this is a two-speed adapter on a heavy truck that changes with a
two-speed axle. I have no idea why one would be on the scout.

The truck has a twin stick transfer case which pops out of gear. I can't
locate the spring and ball pieces on the shifting mechanism which is
supposed to hold it in gear. Any suggestions?

In the glove box is located a sticker which has Scout 810 and some

Later,

Mark Prescott
77SSII and lots of parts!!