Re: Battery Draw

On Tue, 25 Nov 1997 KaleMac@domain.elided wrote:

> a 71 Scout II that has a significant battery draw, i.e. if I leave it
> overnight it is completely dead in the morning.

> I then pulled all the fuses one at a time and checking the voltmeter
> each time looking for the needle to drop back to zero. Upon removing
> each fuse individually there was no change in the reading of the of
> the voltmeter.

Try the same thing with the meter set to amps.  That'll tell you which
circuit the current draw is on.  Amps, not volts, is the measure of
electrical current.  Volts is a measure of current _potential_.

Oh, and if you own a Scout, you're gonna need your own voltmeter. :)

Regards,
Daniel Youngquist | INTERNET MEMORY EXCHANGE |     HOMESTEAD PRODUCTS
tel: 541-688-9263 | Memory & Memory Adapters | Grain Mills, Water Filters
fax: 541-688-9775 |  www.teleport.com/~dany  | www.teleport.com/~dany/mill
dany@domain.elided | * VISA * MasterCard * Great Prices * NO SALES TAX! *
"Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary
    Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety." - Benjamin Franklin, 1759