Re: Battery Draw

First of all let me apologize for the length of this but i feel  it is
necessary to be very  specific so I  can get the correct answer.  I have a 71
Scout II that has a significant battery draw, i.e. if I leave it overnight it
is completely dead in the morning.  I tested the battery and it is good, no
dead cells and there is no drain if I disconnect the positive battery cable
from it when it is not in use.  I borrowed a voltmeter from a friend and
hooked it up to the battery in the following manner:  I removed the positive
cable from the battery and hooked up the positive lead from the tester to the
positive terminal on the battery and the negative terminal from the tester to
the positive battery cable.  Having done this I got a reading of 10 volts on
the volotmeter which, I'm lead to believe, means that there is a 10 volt draw
on the battery.  I then pulled all the fuses one at a time and checking the
voltmeter each time looking for the needle to drop back to zero. Upon
removing each fuse individually there was no change in the reading of the of
the voltmeter.  I then removed all of the fuses at one time and there was no
change  in the voltmeter reading.  I then proceeded to unplug EVERYTHING
under the dash and check it and there was no change in the reading. The door
switches for the dome light looked like someone beat them with a hammer so I
took those off and found out they were disconnected.  I took out the
Charge/Discharge guage and disconnected it and again no change in the reading
on the voltmeter.  I disconnected the high beam switch on the floor and as
before there was no change in the reading. I then moved to the engine
compartment nad proceeded in the same manner unplugging EVERYTHING that is
plugged in and unclipping all those wires that are clipped together where
they come out of the firewall on the passenger side and again no change.  I
disconnected the wire from the alternator and again no difference.  I moved
to the starter and when I removed the positive battery cable from the
solenoid the voltmeter went down to zero but I attribute this to the
connection being broken.  I also removed the wire from the sending units for
the temperature and oil pressure with again no change in the meter. I then
moved to the back of the scout and since my scout came with a factory towing
package I removed those connections and checked and of course no difference
so that is where I am at please help as this is driving me crazy.  This is a
71 not some new high tech weenie mobile with wires all over the place and
computers to screw everyting up , this should be easy.
Thanks in advance for your help
Once again I apologize for the length
Aloha
Charlie McKenna