Seats

I sent this once but it must have gotten lost. Or I am using the wrong
address?

Tom,

I recently went through a similar thought process concerning seats for my
'79 Scout II.

I have buckets already so I don't have to deal with that conversion. I'm
sure you've read as I have many different sources recommending to not
scrimp on the seat bases and use the Scout ones. I would agree with this
and I would also agree with you in that I would hesitate to use plywood as
an adaptor.

My first trial was to go to Dick Cepeks and check out the Super Seats. They
wanted $400 a piece for these and they offered to make the brackets for
$50/hour. I dont think so.

Then I called Flo-Fit and their seats, which are much better quality, are
also $400 but the brackets are included. What's even wilder is that they
have brackets for Scouts! I think this is the way I'll go even though it's
pretty expensive. I haven't seen the seats in person yet either so if
anyone has any previous experience, please let me know.

Scott Machalk
smachalk@domain.elided
http://people.delphi.com/smachalk/scout.html
79 Scout II 345 727 getting more leaks fixed as we speak.