58' A102 versus 55' R112

I have a 55 R112 which is a R110 series P/U with an upgraded suspension (rated for 3 ton capacity) I believe the A102 vs A100 is the same situation...Now a question about that suspension...The front has 5 leafs on each corner and the rear has 13 on each corner...Let me tell you that there is NO body roll and very little give on bumps...Frankly it rides like a logging truck and I don't think the shocks on the back have ever moved in their up and down projection more than an inch ...I recently hauled approximately 1 ton of building supplies and it didn't even begin to squat the truck...To my surprise it handled and rode 200% better loaded than empty...Problem is that I don't expect to ride around with a ton of whatever in the back but do want a better ride...Any suggestions...I was thinking of removing some of the leafs...Is this the way to go...Is there a rule of thumb or do I have to trial and error on this...Any suggestions would greatly be appreciated...Anyone got a P/U rated for 3/4 or 1 ton?  How many leafs have you got on each corner?  Thanx