Re: ihc-digest V5 #15

>Here's one for the "Closed Knuckle Dana 44 FAQ": I went to town looking for
>the 'kingpins' for my front drive axle (we're blessed with not one but 3
>good ole boy
>auto parts stores and no chain stores) and not only did my good buddy Denny
>have all the International source books, but he pulled out the Chilton's to
>clarify what's where. Then he copied 5 pages so I wouldn't forget.
>Now, for the unsolved mystery:
>
>The upper bearing is not a bearing- it's a bushing. (Well, now it's a
>scrambled up piece of brass that looks like it got run over by a train)
>It rides in the same race as the lower bearing- same part number and
>everything.
>Why not just press a bearing onto the splined shaft (it'll fit) and go on
>my way rejoicing?
>Has anybody out there tried this?
>Andy

I've got a '68 T-All with Dana 44s, and I found the bushings at Cowboy
Dodge in Cheyenne, WY.
They should be available at any Dodge dealer.

Dodge Part Numbers:

bushing............251 1521  $12.00 each
race...............179 3515  $28.00 each (wow!)

Don't tell your Dodge dealer it's for a Binder, or they'll avoid you like
you've got bubonic plague. ;)

Now it's my turn... I'm looking for a heater core for the same (68
TravelAll 1100C).  My unit is the super-capacity heater (it's like 3
heater cores soldered into a "U" shape, very wacky).

Anyone got any leads on this one?  TIA.

Binder Power!

Craig Boyer
---
The two most common things in the Universe are hydrogen and stupidity,
not necessarily in that order.