Re: Rearend noises, (Paul B.)

	This is good info for anyone with a powerlock limited slip.
I had to replace mine in my 67 800 because apparently, the carrier bolts
have a tendency to back out over time. This happened to mine and after
they
backed out a bit, the thing tried to "work" and instead sheared all the
bolts in two. Truck still drove but made a great clunking sound when
turning. and then of course I had to get a new limited slip. Looking back
I wish I had installed a locker but the Powrlock is still a great L.S.
Just check  it  every 20,000 to 25,000 !! This doesn't exactly sound like
your problem Paul, but it came to mind.

Mark A. Pepe
'76 traveler