Date: Tue, 11 Nov 1997 00:22:39 -0800
From: Tim Davidson <winstond@domain.elided>
Subject: A/T shift cable stud

IHC'ers,

Just looking for a replacement stud that screws onto the upper end of
my shift cable. Can't find one around here.

Tim Davidson
'80 Traveler 4X4, 727

------------------------------

Steve,

I've got a story about when I came over a hill in a blinding
snowstorm in the white mountains of Arizona about 5 years ago.

Email me privately and I'll type it up, then send it to the
digest.  I don't have time to type it all now, but it's a
doozie.  Basically I came over a hill at the brisk speed of
about 15mph, to see a cop writing up a station wagon that had
t-boned a Bronco ('85 or so) in the middle of the road.

Came over the hill was all set to pass the cop et. al., then
cought some traction from the dirt on the side of the plowed
area, and suddenly became aimed at the sideof the wagon.

Brodsky's winch bumper ko's the side of the wagon (about 3 feet in)
cleans out the back right corner of the Bronco, and I never got
charged a dime from the accident due to the pre-existing accident.

I came about 5 inches from hitting the cop car whew.
I think the wagon had to get a tow truck.  The driver was out
of the car or he'd be dead now.

All I had was a slight radiator leak, and a little tear in the
bumper strip on my chrome bumper.  (the little black door trim
style piece)  Drove home 200 miles.  Can't say as much for the
others.

-Joel