lift

While we're talking about lift, I'm wondering something- Don't the Big
Three pickup trucks have cushy rubber donuts between the cab and the frame
to cusion the ride?
Remembering how I could feel every line in the road when I drove over it in
my Scout 80, I'm wondering if it wouldn't be nice to replace the thin
rubber gasket between the body and the body mounts with big cushy Ford
donuts while I've got it apart.
Even if I am a hockey player, pucks don't seem like the ideal thing.
Andy

Here's one for the "Closed Knuckle Dana 44 FAQ": I went to town looking for
the 'kingpins' for my front drive axle (we're blessed with not one but 3
good ole boy
auto parts stores and no chain stores) and not only did my good buddy Denny
have all the International source books, but he pulled out the Chilton's to
clarify what's where. Then he copied 5 pages so I wouldn't forget.
Now, for the unsolved mystery:

The upper bearing is not a bearing- it's a bushing. (Well, now it's a
scrambled up piece of brass that looks like it got run over by a train)
It rides in the same race as the lower bearing- same part number and
everything.
Why not just press a bearing onto the splined shaft (it'll fit) and go on
my way rejoicing?
Has anybody out there tried this?
Andy