Date: Fri, 7 Nov 1997 18:14:19 +0000
From: gehl@domain.elided
Subject: TachometerTip
On that pricey tachometer ... you mention it is for a diesel.  Do
diesels not pickoff tachometer input via flywheel sensor or
alternator speed sensor?  Seems I read of this awhile back ... a
bit more complicated than a garden variety electrical coil pickoff.
Might this explain the high cost on the unit?  Mark

Mark,

The primary relay is under the dash near the ash tray.  It may be in
a different place as they are rarely tight, so it may just be
flopping on one bolt.  The relay on the steering column I believe is
the 12v power relay for the ignition and/or the voltage for the gold
box, etc.

-Joel