Driveshafts and steering

Dear folks,

The u-joint yokes on my '73 Scout II driveshafts, both front and rear, seem
to be running awfully close together.  When they turn, the yokes almost
touch one another.  Is this normal?  My Scout is not lifted in any way I'm
aware of.  This closeness makes greasing the u-joints a nightmare!
On a related note, how does the front draglink run on the Scout II front
axle?  My draglink is underneath the axle end at one end and over the axle
end at the other end.  Is this normal?

Thanks,
Denni

P.S.  The V-304 gasoline engine had an oil cooler in farm applications.  Has
anyone ever put the IHC ag oil cooler on a Scout or light truck?  Just
wondering...