Re: RealTimeVSDigestListQuestion???

At 06:27 PM 11/7/97 +0000, you wrote:
>I recently swapped fron the real time ihc list to this digest list.
>But when I poke to reply the "ihc@domain.elided" address comes up.
>Isn't this the address to submit to the real time list?  Are my
>replys making it to the digest or the real time list or both lists?
>Curious mind wants to know.  Thanks!  Mark

ihc@domain.elided and ihc-digest@domain.elided are effectively the same address;
ihc-digest is an alias for ihc. use whichever one you want; it's not very
important. both addresses exist because people might use either one.

the flow is like this:

email comes into ihc or ihc-digest

the headers are rewritten so it looks like it comes from digest.net, and
copies are sent to all the "real time" ihc list members. at the same time, a
copy is deposited in the digest spool directory, and whenever a size or age
threshold is crossed, a digest is assembled and mailed to the digest ihc
list members.

cheers,
  richard
--