Correction

I posted a long time ago that my manual from BinderBooks (60-70 Travelall) didn't have a wiring diagram.
Howard P. went to a some trouble to get me one (thanks!).

But I was wrong, the wiring diagram was in there.  Give me a break, though, the manual is over 8"
thick and doesn't have a overall table of contents.

I don't think that post changed anybody's decision to buy a manual, anybody serious about their
truck would get one in either case.  But just to set the record straight...

Speaking of the record, I'm not terribly surprised that not having a resistor in a points ignition system
would kill a coil- especially with IH's "mounted to the hottest thing we could find" placement.  That's
not however the reason for the resistor given in the generic auto repair manuals I have.   But more importantly,
I would wonder if the MSD wouldn't do the same thing to an old factory coil.  I don't know of
anybody who didn't buy just the ignition w/out the coil, so there may be no data on this.

So if I was Alan, I'd install the thing in any case and figure that I would at least get back out of the
woods and home if I had to go back to the points w/out a resistor, and in the meantime keep looking
for a resistor.  But I'm a risk-taker.

I also think if you went into any *real* autoparts store and asked they would give you a suitable generic one.

'67 1000B step-side p/up  BG241 + 4spd
'70 1200D 4x4 Travelette 392 4spd
'71 1010 Travelall  392 auto
'73 1210 Wagonmaster, 392 auto