ClutchSizeRevisited

A recent clutch question gave three options:
	10" w/9 spring
	11" w/9 spring
	12" w/12 spring

I took a look at mine:  11" w/12 spring!!!!!	Anomaly?

BTW, my flywheel is drilled for both 11" and 12" clutches.
I have the 196 engine and believe 11" is plenty of clutch.  What do I
consider when buying a clutch as to size and spring count?  Are more
springs better?  Harder to push pedal?  Sign of better quality?  Is
there a downside to using a larger than recommended clutch (12"
with a 196 engine).  Thanks!  Mark