Re: Wiper Arms and Blades

> Date: Thu, 6 Nov 1997 15:26:49 -0500
> From: Dirtball@domain.elided (Paul Brakefield)
> Subject: Wipers
>
> We've had off and on discussion recently about wipers and wiper blades, and
> Yank's letter about the ANCO wipers brought up a thought.
>
> Is there ANYBODY who makes or sells a direct fit blade, or do we all just
> have to fabricate?  Has anyone found or looked for a replacement assembly
> for where it attaches to the motor at the truck itself?  Certainly, with IH
> getting so many parts from the other manufacturers, there is a more up to
> date arm assembly that could be switched out.
>
> Paul Brakefield
> "Dirtball"

Bisio Motors, 2869 NE Sandy Blvd, Portland, OR, 503-232-6113, sells both orriginal replacement arms and blades.The blades I
purchased last winter are Anco #59-13.  My previous blades were Trico #Unknown.
These blades are considered Heavy Duty Winter Blades so we generally don't see them on the auto parts store shelves out here
on the West coast, but they can be ordered at quality parts stores.  Look in the back of the Anco manual.  I have also seen
this series of blades at the IH Truck (Navistar) service shop

David VanderVelde
Ridgefield, WA
77 Scout II, 187117 miles and still thinks it's new.
70 Bronco, 206911 miles and burns almost as much oil as gas, but it won't die.