Another guage question

   >>Another note: Someone was going to redo their whole dash, starting
from scratch. If you want to do this you can use the "air core" guages.
they are available from AC Delco, Stewart Warner, Isspro, etc.. in standard
2" size guages. The only tough part would be the fuel sender, which would
have a different style mounting, but no problem for the master fabricators
out there.

   Eldon, thanks for the education.  I think I understand the difference
between the air core and the cv guages, but is there a reason to opt for
one over the other.  I'm also planning on redoing my dash completely, and
I'd like to know which type of guage to go with.  I figure I'm going to
have to put in a new fuel sender as well, so I could go either way there.
Can you still get CV guages?

   Also, are mechanical guages a whole different family?  As I understood
your post, the air core and CV style are two types of electrical, and
mechanical guages are something different altogether.