Charcoal canister -- Purge

>>I have a tank in my right front fender with two hoses going to it.  One
goes down, I guess to the transmission.  The other is marked "purge" and
has a hose hooked to it that goes... nowhere!!  Where should it be hooked
up?

One hose should go to the gas tank, the other should be hooked up to a
vacuum source on the carb.  I don't
remember if the charcoal canister is purged with manifold vacuum or metered
vacuum, but I suspect the
latter.  If you have a stock Holley two barrel, you could use the vacuum
port on the right side of the carb near the divorced choke housing -- as I
recall it is metered.

The charcoal canister collects fuel vapors from the gas tank, then vacuum
sucks those vapors back into the manifold.  If you hook it up, you might
get  *slightly* better gas mileage.