Hand throttles

>Speaking of hand throttles.. I've heard of using bicycle gear shifters on
>the manual tranny shifter stick to control throttle.. but I'm having a
>hard time figuring out how *normal* throttle modulation is kept with an
>extra cable in the mess.. someone care to enlighten me?

I've got a 68 TravelAll (1100C, 4x4, 304, 4 spd, PowrLock Dana 44s) with
a factory hand throttle (I presume for PTO use, although on occasion I do
use it as a low tech flat-terrain cruise control.)

My throttle linkage (rods, not cable) simply has a piece of steel (approx
1/2" x 1/4") with two drilled holes.  The upper hole connects to the hand
throttle cable.  The lower hole slides freely over the linkage rod.  When
the cable is pulled, the plate slides aft and contacts a pivot point,
ending its free travel, and moving the linkage.  Not terribly sano, but
rock simple and reliable.

I'm sure something similar could be worked out with a cable linkage
system.

Binder Power!
Craig Boyer

Craig Boyer
---
The two most common things in the Universe are hydrogen and stupidity,
not necessarily in that order.