Toy Scout Trivia

The discussion of the toy Scout 80's reminded me of a story I heard about
the Structo Scout 80 toy that looks a little strange with it's dual
headlights--why in the world did they do that?  I was told that when they
were licensed to build the toy and requested prints to work from, they
were sent prints with dual headlights just like the toy.  Apparently dual
lights were being considered, but never made it to production.