Another carb question...

First, thanks to all of those (especially John Landry) who responded to
my last round of carb questions.  With no previous carb experience
I did all the "bench adjustments", and installed the carb in a matter
of a couple hours (I was very cautious, and triple checked everything).
When I installed the carb, _before_ I made any on-engine adjustments
my Scout ran better that it ever has since I've owned it.
A few on-engine adjustments and I'd swear its a brand new Scout (hell,
by now it mostly is all new)...

To all those who have avoided carbs, and lived in fear of them: fear not.
Get yourself an IHC factory manual, subscribe to the digest, and you're
all set.  Thanks again.

Now my next question :-)

On the rear/base of the carb (2210C on a '78 304A, auto) there are two
vacuum ports, a small one for the speed-controlled anti-backfire
deceleration thing (can't remember its real name) and a larger
one which has always been capped on my Scout.

A little reading explained that the only use for the larger port
on my Scout is to control the flapper in the air-filter box.  So
I'm gonna hook that up to help w/ cold weather starting.

Unfortunatley the little vacuum port isn't "sucking" at all.  No vacuum,
and therefore no "speed-controlled anti-backfire deceleration thing"
(although its running great w/o it).
I know the right thing to do is remove the carb, and check it out, but
the Scout is running so nicely, I'm gonna put that off for a while.
Can I run the "speed-controlled anti-backfire deceleration thing"
off the larger vacuum port right next to it?  Does the large and small
port get the vacuum from the same place (it appears to by looking at the
base of my old carb)?
Is there a difference in the strength of the vacuum?  If so will
it cause any problems?

Thanks,
Caesar