Cold Weather Bleues

I wish I was referring to a Labatt Bleue, but hey, that's for you northern
neighbors.  What I really am referring to is denser air at colder temps.
Last digest I think I saw 3 instances that *might* be caused by denser air,
therefore leaner mixture (less gasoline to air).  I'm almost positive the
following one is.  If I were as busy as this person, I'd leave it alone,
it'll go away next Spring.  However, for those of you who want to fiddle,
I'd up the Jet size by 1.  Also when the Scout is cold, the choke is on,
and therefore "thinner" air.

**John Landry**, !!!Looking across the room and staring your way!!!, is
what I've just said a "fair statement"?

>I'm busy studying anesthesiology textbooks tonight (and I miss working on
>my Scouts), but now that the weather has gotten colder, a funny problem has
>developed in my 77 SSII. When she is cold, there is no stumbling - she
>gives an extremely crisp response. As soon as she warms up, she develops a
>dead spot.
"Believe me, my young friend, there is nothing -- absolute nothing -- half
so much worth doing as simply messing about in boats."
The Water Rat
From The Wind in the Willows  by Kenneth Grahame,1967