Re: Point Type Ignition System Question

John,
	I have a '78 Scout with the original electronic ignition system in which I
switched to a points distributor.  If your coil does not have an internal
resistor like my new one does, then yes you do need an external ceramic
resister between the two poles.  When I decided to take my resitor off, six
months later my coil was dead and my points were fried.  I will eventually
wiring I can help.

Later,
Jon