2 barrel choke

My two barrel had what I assumed was a vacuum leak (and technically it
was).  The choke on my 2300 has a big vacuum port connected to it which was
sucking air like crazy.  When my father in law looked at it, being the old
time mechanic that he is, he suggested that it was the place where the
choke drew in cold and then warm air to actuate.  He said it probably took
a metal tube which ran from the exhaust manifold.  Sure enough, we found
where a piece of metal tube was broken off right at a fitting on the
manifold.  Are we right about this?  Should it be hard to make this piece
up?  Is there anything else I should know or do?

Many thanks!!

Paul Brakefield
"Dirtball"

1966 IHC Scout 800- "The Beast"