Re: E28: changing brake and clutch fluid

In a message dated 4/29/2003 1:49:41 PM Central Daylight Time,
owner-bmw-digest@domain.elided writes:

> >Any other helpful tips would be greatly appreciated.  Thanks in
> >advance.
>
> Just follow the Bentley.
> Suck all old fluid out of the brake fluid reservoir. It helps if the new
> fluid is of different color than the old (i.e.: Super Blue vs. Type 200).
> Start with the caliper furthest away from the master reservoir (right
> rear).

Make sure you refill the reservoir with new fluid before attaching your
bleeder.  I have a friend (and I know he is reading this right now) who
emptied the reservoir and attached his bleeder without topping off the
reservoir.  He pumped air into the ABS system requiring a trip to the
dealership to cycle the ABS pump to get the air out of it.

Rodney