635 csi SLS and Accumulator Information

Hi All,

I finally bought one of my dream cars.  Yes, a '88 E24, Black and Grey.
Family good shape, with great engine and tyranny.  The suspension is very
suspect.  Car rides low in rear and bounces when I push the rear end, engine
on and off.  Accumulator reserve is 1/3 to 1/2 full in trunk.  Where is the
level detector switch at and could this be my issue, or one of them.  Is the
SLS something like air shocks?  If replacing the shocks, should I replace
the springs also.

I know, I need the manual to get his info to work on but I just bought the
car Friday.

Thanks
Al Floer
81 ASP