tires and helmets on a budget

At 07:17 PM 4/18/03, bmw-digest talked about:
>I also need a helmet (snell 1995 and up)I don't want to shell out the big
>bucks for one.

My advice: Find a helmet that has the proper rating that fits, and is in
your price range. Find somewhere where you can try them on - that's the
only way to get one that fits properly.

Ignore those that say "$10 head, $10 helmet". Two similarly speced helmets
(SA-2000 for ex.), one $600 and one $300, will both provide the same level
of protection. One just has more/different features, may be lighter, etc.
If you can't afford the $600 one, get the $300 one; you'll be fine. It may
be a bit heavier, have fewer vents, have a smaller (or bigger) eyeport, but
it will protect you just the same.

My 2 cents,
Jim Bassett