Re: Rims and Tire Dilemma (E36)

Joe writes:
>   If I keep the existing rims, what are some good options for
>tires, more specifically, the tire size?  If I buy rims, what size should I
>look for?  Should I stay with 16" or go to 10x17" in the rear and 8x17" in
>the front?  Also, what would be a good tire size for the rims?
>
>I would like an all season high performance tire, if possible.  FYI:  I live
>and drive in the Boston/New England area.

Looking at up to 6" of snow in Boston tonight, 7-Apr, I gotta say
real snows are pretty important here.  Unless maybe you don't drive
when there is snow on the roads?  Something that big and wide,
especially on the rear of a rwd car, just seems like a bad idea.

Why not keep the current rims, for snows, and get a set like you
describe for the summer 6 months?
		-Bob (hope I ain't next to you tonight on 128) Virzi

End of bmw-digest V9 #2420