[e28] Look what I pulled out of my rear end!

Final drive oil change today.  After most of the oil drained I stuck my
finger in the drain hole and <horror> found parts.

These parts: (not the penney)
http://www.cheap-tracks.com/misc/Im000359.jpg
http://www.cheap-tracks.com/misc/Im000363.jpg

I put a strong magnet on the end of a stick and fished around - only got a
little dust and a couple small slivers of metal.

'85 535i LSD 213,000 miles.  No apparent problems - the parts obviously left
their proper home some time ago.  Any feel for what these might be and how
urgent it is that I should have someone peek inside the final drive?

Thanks

Karl Zemlin
Indianapolis