E36 A/C Malfunction

I've got a 1995 318isa with 143,000+ miles.

Sometime between winter and spring break, my A/C decided not to work. When I
hit the button, the light comes on, and with the window down I can hear the
compressor 'click' on. I look in the engine bay with the A/C "on" and I can
see both belts moving fine, and the center of the compressor is spinning (I
was told this was the clutch and it might not function if I were low on
refrigerant).

Yet, as well as things may look, the temperature of the air coming out in the
cabin is just was warm as if there were no A/C. Makes for unpleasant times in
a Boston Green car that sits out in the sun all day!

Please help! :(

- -Kevin