re: cracked windshields

A smallish branch fell from the tree over my driveway and cracked my
windshield. It's maybe seven to eight inches long, begins near the base
20 inches or so in from passenger side and then meanders up and toward
passenger door.  Though it does not take on rain, I note that when snow
sits on the windshield, water forms on the inside, in the vicinity of
the crack.

Intend to call my insurer to see if they have an incentives/assistance
with broken windscreens.  Other than that, does anyone have any
experience with or recommendations on how to go about getting this
economically replaced?

Thanks all.

Tom Borden
1988 528e 148,340 mi

THOMAS BORDEN  |  CONSULTANT | MEDIA & MARKETING COMMUNICATIONS
23 ESSEX ROAD, ESSEX FELLS, NJ   07021 | ph/fax: 973.228.5092  |
<mailto:teborden@domain.elided> te.borden@domain.elided