RE: Welding Aluminum and Steel - Exhaust Manifold Question

We can send you the old part if you pick up the postage. Iron or carbon
steel bracket, welded to an aluminum manifold. Let me know quick before my
mechanic tosses it.

We had considered welding it, but for $140 for a used part from Bavarian in
Rancho Cordova, as opposed to $400 from the dealer, we went with the
former. Perhaps we were mistaken.

For the record, I have had an aluminum oil pan welded on an 86 Mercedes 201
about eight years ago.