cranky Z3

Damsel in distress.  Would any of you have thoughts on this?
My '97 Z3 stalled twice while driving today; never happened before; not the
first time I've driven it today.  Once warmed up, it seemed fine but idled a
bit rough.  Check engine light came on; took it to BMW dealer who said it'd
okay to drive come back Tues when they have time to look into it.  Dealer is
last choice.  Will be taking it to my regular mechanic later today.  Anyone
have any ideas on what this might be?  Only recent change:  switched from 91
oct at Mobile to 91 oct at 76.  Thank you!!!  Donna

End of bmw-digest V9 #2400