Re: <E28> Fenders Might Need

I have to say, I've not followed this thread.
I went to Hartge's wheel combo for my '85 535i about 4-5 years ago.
The first set of tires fit on the rear just fine.
The next set of tires - different type - rubbed.  I took a saw - and every 1-1/2 to 2
inches I cut a slit in the rear fender edge.  This created the effect of "tabs".
Using a pair of pliers, I bent those tabs in.  That gave me the clearance needed.

Don't do anything until you see what you actually have.

...Kim
'76 530i
'85 535i
'01 X5