Heater Core in E36

William,

I'd smelled coolant in my '92 325i too...this was after a heater core
replacement maybe 4 years' prior and a new radiator 1 year prior so I'd
dismissed those as probable causes and used BARS LEAKS at a part's guy
recommendation.  Smell gone and no trouble since...except occasional gas
smell after filling up! <grin>

So I offer this as possible low cost fix (if that's of interest to you),
but also would ask for the opinion of those more learned here...is that
okay to do?

I believe it was a leak around a hose and that seemed to fix it, but am
thinking of putting more in after the next radiator flushing
prophylactically.  Anyone, does that make sense?  Any risk to the
radiator?

HTH,

Doug ( dmax@domain.elided )