Re: starting a 325is

Gary,
You need fuel, oxygen and fire (spark) to run the engine. One of the three
is either mixing or over supplied. The trick is finding which one. You
will most likely need the Bentley E30 manual (www.rb.com) if you don't
already own it.
Start by checking the fuel supply. Are the spark plugs wet or dry when the
car is refusing to start?
Next test your ignition system: coil, distributor and plugs. When was the
last time your replaced the last two? Take a look at the wires to make
sure they are not damaged.

If all of the above seams daunting or does not ring any bells, have the
car towed to a reputable independent mechanic. Ask around at your local
BMW CCA chapter meeting for a recommendation if you do not know any.

alex f