Re: Instructions on the brake light switch at the pedal assembly????

MY neighbors e36 318 brake switch went out.  It's got
little plastic locking tabs that hold it in place.
The way I did it was to unbolt the metal bracket with
the switch in place.  2 10mm (I think) bolts and
disconect the wire harness.  You access above where
the left foot rest is and they are perpendicular to
the pedals.  Once it's out of the vehicle you can pull
the plunger all the way out which gives you enough
room to disengage the locking tabs.

I can't remember if I reinstalled the switch in the
bracket before bolting it back in or after...
whichever way I did it first, I should have done it
the other way ;^)  I think you want to install the
switch in the bracket and then reinstall the whole
assmembly.

Good Luck!

- --- "Joseph T. Baptista Jr."