<FS> 1994 540i - Project Car (NOVA)

Folks,

I have finally decided to part with my 540i after six years. It has been
a wonderful ride (still my dream car), but I decided that I needed to
purchase a lower mileage car for my long trips on the hwy.  As the car
needs some work to make the car road worthy I am planning to donate it
by the end of the week (2/28) to the Salvation Army.

However, I could use some cash towards a down-payment on my new-to-me
vehicle. I expect to get a $6000.00 tax write-off from the donation, so
I would like to get at least $3500.00 for the vehicle. Here are the
details:

Mileage: 170k+ miles (Head replaced around 74k, Transmission around
130k) Black Exterior/Tan Leather Interior, Heated seats with eight
(?) way power adjustments. Leather is in great condition. Three
memory settings for the driver's seat, including position of side
mirror. Heated mirrors with rightside mirror tilting down when car is
in reverse so that you can see the position of the curb.  Tool kit is
complete except for Tow Hook, which is not needed on this car since
the tow hooks are built in. Wheels are aluminum clear-coated honeycomb
pattern (standard on the 540i's).

Work Needed:
- - Water pump
- - ABS sensor(s) replaced
- - Some front suspension work, strut mounts
- - Tires will need to be replaced within 5k

Recent work:
- - Front pads/rotors (1 month ago)
- - Rear pads/rotors (6 months)
- - Front struts (10 months)
- - Front thrust arms with 740i bushings (9 months)
- - Fan clutch/Fan assembly (1 year)
- - Cam and Crank Sensors (8 months)

Most of the work on this vehicle over the years was performed at
Autothority, with the exception of basic maintenance, such as brakes.

Presently, the car will start but stalls out when you try to drive it
for any distance. Therefore, I have left it parked at my workplace in
Ashburn while I made arrangements for a replacement vehicle.

Please let me know if you are interested in purchasing this vehicle.
It needs some work, but when fully restored will bring a wide grin to
your face when you are cruising down the highway in the "fastest sedan
of 1994".

If interested, please drop me an email or contact me at my work or
mobile numbers.
- --
Randy Whitney (#133355)
rsw@domain.elided (e)