<E28> Windshield Replacement..

Hi All,

I was on the highway recently behind a truck, and it threw up a large stone
that hit my windshield and caused it to spiderweb across the entire thing.

I called my insurance company, and found out that they don't cover
windshields with the policy.. Strange.. I have collision, fire/theft, and
all the other stuff, but no glass coverage.  Someone explained that a lot of
insurance companies are removing the coverage of glass from their policies,
and unless you specifically ask for it, you dont get it.

Anyway, I now need another winshield, and since I am going to have to pay
out of pocket,  I am wondering if there are other options beside the factory
one that came with the car.  Were there any winshield options? like
coatings, or something?

As for price, I was quoted $250 CAD, or about $175 USD.. is that about the
right rate?

While I am at it I was thinking I would like the shadowline trim, and could
start with the windshield trim.. Where can I get the stuff?  Is it only a
factory supplied thing? or is the shadowline trim made by others as well,
hopefully for a lesser price.

Any info would be appreciated

Cheers
Ron J