E36 handling

Lately I've been experiencing some poor handling with the car.  Other
symptoms seem to be the DSC traction control and ABS kicking in too
easily.  The car was just checked by a dealer as part of a new state
inspection (I just moved to Missouri).  The dealer didn't find any
suspension trouble that would cause those symptoms.  He suspected tires,
but they are also in good shape and the problem is there with two
different tires (snow tires and performance tires).
I did have the parking brake serviced recently and it seems that the
travel on the lever has recently gotten shorter.  This leads me to
suspect some brake issue which would account for the DSC / ABS symptoms,
I believe.  Any suggestions from any of you regulars or others lurking
in the background?
BTW the suspension has been modified a long time ago with lowered
progressive springs, Bilstein shocks, M-3 camber plates, M-3 rear
suspension bushings and other minor bits.
Peter Rossato
'94 325is